Struggling, but almost there.

The good - I can work out on Wednesday. I get a fill on Friday.

The bad - everything else. Not everything everything - school is fine, friends are lovely. But if it's related to weight or eating, it's pretty crap. My weight is... well I haven't seen this number since last spring I think.  Ultimately, this a blip, but it's a really hard one.  To quote Tom Petty, "God it's so painful when something that's so close / Is still so far out of reach." I miss the mood-helping effects exercise has on my body. I feel inexplicably a bit down, and I am willing to bet the return of endorphins will help.

It's only days now. I'll make it. In the mean-time, I'll watch This American Life on Netflix instant and try to remember these words:

Which is fun to pair with this:

I have rode this out as best I could. I think the best lesson I've learned is as much as my weight management stopped feeling like it took any work or effort, I clearly have been putting a lot of effort in, because when that effort leaves, results do too. I can't wait to start the good fight.
                                            

7 comments:

Joey said...

It's all peaks and valleys, right? Bla, bla, bla....

Does misery love company? I'm there with you. But the kicker is that I HAVE been working out. Grr. What's wrong with me?

Joey said...

do you like how I made your post about me? Maybe that's part of my problem :)

Nella said...

just a little bump in the road...stay strong!

Nicole said...

Chin up...gym time..you must be super excited..and fill in Friday.. You will drop quick..you know what you need to do <3 you xo

Amanda Kiska said...

That sucks!

But I bet your stomach looks way better than it did last Spring, even if you weigh the same!

You'll get right back to it - the exercise, eating right. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We're in it for the long term!

Jess said...

Sorry you're feeling this way. Things will pick up though!

I gave you an award. check out my blog! I know you don't follow up with these but it's ok. I still wanted to nominate you!

Band-Babe said...

Angie my friend, I have good news for you. First, post surgical healing takes alot of calories- so if you're eating more there's a good chance most if not all are being burned. Secondly, my weight went up after my TT- due to swelling. It took months for it to get to where it should have been in my opinion (pre-surgery weight minus 13 lbs should NOT equal a gain, right? Wrong- swelling sucks). I'm down only one size due to the surgery... but everything looks so much better. Proportionate. I no longer have to wear certain types of clothes because of my "stomach". So, I'm not a super model, and naked is still not perfection- but I'm happy I did it. Give yourself some time- I'll bet one year from now (or sooner)- you'll be thrilled.

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers