Oh hi... Remember me?

Hi Everyone,

So it has been a long time since I have blogged, and an even longer time since I've blogged about weight loss. I'm not sure why. One reason certainly is that I've been busy - finals, work with Invisible Children, my new internship at the Four Seasons.

I think another is I have struggled. I'm back on the fills, but I weigh more than I want to, more than I did for a while, and it's heartening. It reminds you how badly we all need our tools, our support team. I realized that as soon as I stopped making weight loss my number one priority, my life got better - but my weight went up. All in all I think this is a positive. The pressure I felt as "weight-loss girl" was huge, and made me kind of sad. Sure I was proud of having lost 100lbs, but I wanted to be known for things that were true expressions of who I really was, what my passions were, not what my body was. This blog is named after a John Mayer lyric, and this makes me think of another - "I am bigger than my body gives me credit for."

So I'm working on that. Working on losing weight, because I don't like being above goal. I don't like struggling to find a blazer that'll do up, or having clothes in my closet that I can't wear. But working on it slowly. Working on it healthfully... With lots of real life in between.

I miss you guys though - something made me click over to blogger this morning, and it looks like I have tons of catching up to do.

Hearts,

Angie

5 comments:

Amy W. said...

i actually came to your blog yesterday and made sure I havent missed something and was going to go to facebook and yell at you for not posting for over a month. You must have sensed me. I am proud of you for actually not focusing on your weight for awhile and just being. And I am proud of you for coming back and posting. Now start doing it more!

Jess said...

Missed ya around here! Welcome back! Hope you stick around for a while. I totally get why you disappeared for a bit. I have been doing the same thing and it's because I have nothing to show for so much time wasted not trying to reach my goal. I have been ashamed for letting it go. But I am trying to get back on board myself.

So woo hoo for us!!!

Ms. M said...

Glad to see you decided to pop over to Blogger this morning. I've missed your posts. :)

Stephanie M. said...

I tried to comment earlier but the darn thing wouldn't post. I wrote about you on my blog today and said basically what I was going to say here if you want to take a look.

Linda said...

I was just wondering where you've been. I know it's hard to balance just living with the weight thing too. I think we'll all have ups and downs, but if we just try to keep it in check. BTW - you are so much more than weight loss girl.

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!
There was an error in this gadget

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers