Read your blog from the beginning.

I have been on this journey for well over two years now. Today I was compelled to go to the beginning. To see how excited I was. How far I've come. How insightful I was. Here is the link to my first month's worth of entries.

One highlight:

The non scale goals. All of these have been more than accomplished.
  • to be able to wrap myself up in a normal sized towel
  • to be able to comfortably bring the tray-table down on a plane
  • to be able to go into a store and try things on based on what I like, not just what fits
  • to ski all day with my family without getting tired... I kinda pretend I just don't like it now :(
  • to enjoy workouts
  • I used to love going to the gym, I'd go 3 or 4 days a week and get so so into it. I know I just need to get the routine back in motion
  • to be able to run. I've never been able to do that.

Or my entry on Feb 13, 2009:

Who will I be...

Feb 13
I've been thinking a lot lately of how much of my identity is wrapped up in my weight. I try not to let it define me, and I know I'm lucky that I have the... chutzpah (a yiddish word) to go out and wear my bathing suit on the beach, even when I don't love how my body looks in it.

But I wonder how I'll feel, not being the fattest person (or at least girl) in the room. Excuse the pun, but it's a huge part of who I am, the funny fat girl, the loud fat girl, the fat girl who occasionally hooked up with the cute guys - though God forbid those boys actually date me.

It'll be weird to be normal... I bet I'll have a harder time with the change than the world around me.
I was right about this too. I have changed quite a bit. I have a certain confidence now that I didn't before. I speak just as much still, but I don't speak quite as loud. And I've hooked up with a lot more cute guys, and most of them have dated me.

xo
Ange

5 comments:

Susan said...

Angie - love the post! I am 3 1/2 months in and already need some additional motivation and I did the same thing! And so helpful to read all of your blogs from start to finish. You look amazing and are an inspiration!

Liz said...

I've had a lot of the same thoughts as your post from Feb 2009. I could have written that, except I'm just not that deep, lol.

Thanks for posting this!

Beth Ann said...

Love it! I reread my blog from the beginning at 6 months and again at a year. It really puts in perspective how far I've come. Congrats on all your success!!

conathaarnet said...


Yet, I also may need to share information in reference to XR Nutrition Clarity. It was this transaction of super-sized

proportions. Today, that theme also caters those in need of this shot in the dark yet here are a smattering of unorthodox

ways to toss around. We require more clinical evidence. I imagine we're at loggerheads. They fortunately had a derivation in

stock and you may ought to give this stuff many thought. We need to do this, the sooner the better. Rest assured, it wasn't

so awful, was it? They were incorrect. That was a near miss. This is a subject that I never really touched on but I imagine

it's about time. I'd like to continue onward, but I'm really surprised by this viewpoint. A new set of values is emerging

from the ashes of their kind of thing.
XR Nutrition Clarity

GERTRUDIS CANDELARIO said...

“I give praise to Mr Benjamin enough for his help in securing a loan to buy our new home for our family. Benjamin was a wealth of information and he helped educate me and my family as to why a home loan was the best option for our particular situation. After conferring with Benjamin and our financial advisor everyone agreed that a home loan was the perfect solution.You can contact Mr Benjamin if you also looking for any kind of loan on Email/Whatsappemail: 247officedept@gmail.com          Whatsapp: +1-989-394-3740

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers