My Proudest Moment....

And it had nothing to do with weight loss.

Being interviewed by our local news channel - I'll add video if they add it online!
Today at my school, Champlain College, more than 150 people gathered to watch a documentary about the atrocities being committed in Eastern Africa by Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army (L.R.A.)  This film, Tony by the group Invisible Children is at once incredible sad and incredibly inspirational.
Myself and my fellow organizers, the team from Invisible Children (including Robert from Uganda) and the team from my school's Center for Civic Engagement

Along with my closest school-friend Sadie, brought this event to my campus. Because we care, not for credit, recognition or due to a requirement. We did it because once you learn about Child Soliders - children taken from their homes between the ages of 5 and 12 - old enough to carry a gun but not old enough to ask questions, you cannot forget.  I've included some photos from our event today.
Our amazing turn-out

In 33 days, our next event will take place. People world-wide will be taking a 25 Hour Vow of Silence to raise awareness about this war that has been going on for 25 years. I have set a fundraising goal of 500 dollars - please help me reach this goal and continue to act as a leader on my campus when it comes to helping and supporting those who cannot support themselves.

DONATE HERE!

Love,
Angie
Me, Bailey (from Arkansas on tour with  IC), Sadie, Robert (from IC, from Northern Uganda), Justin (from Amarillo, Texas on tour with  IC) and Katrina (from NH, on tour with  IC)

4 comments:

Joey said...

I'm proud of you.

Alexis said...

I had been watching your status updates on FB and I am so happy that this was such a great turnout for you! So proud! I would be there to support you (and the cause!) if I could! Little $$ support just got sent your way :)

Joey said...

from me too!

Amy W. said...

Damn..I am so glad you blogged about this bc I was confused by FB and couldnt figure out what was going on. Is there anyway you can link the video from the interview? And I am a proud mama too! Good job Angiekins.

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers