And I'm moving!

Things are really looking up now that I'm feeling and moving like my former self again. Ya know, without the whole tummy.

I've been back in the gym for a week now, and have done four solid workouts. That's not as much as I'm used to, but after six weeks off that has felt reasonable.  This whole recovery process has been so smooth and so easy and I'd hate to mess that up by pushing myself too far now.

My first day back was a 1/2 hour spin class followed by an hour of training with Julie. I was pretty nervous about feeling a lot less fit, like I couldn't keep up, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was pretty much where I had left off, cardio-wise. Lifting wise I have lost a bit of strength, but nothing crazy.  I am not doing specifically ab exercises for a while still, but I did some planking and push-ups without problems.  I felt my abs feel tighter and more... I guess the only word I can use to describe them is present, but no pain.

I've done some dance and Phusia classes since, and the only strange sensation has been that hyper-awareness of my abs, and sort of a pulsing feeling, but nothing painful. I am so happy to be moving again!

On the weight front I'm back down to 162.6 which is about 6 or 7 lbs down from a week and a bit ago, and 10lbs from my lowest. My goal right now is to get back to 152 by my two year bandiversary, March 4th. It's a bit of a reach, but I feel now that I have exercise, and some restriction (though I could use more) I should be on my way!

xox
Ange

8 comments:

Susan said...

Angie - that is terrific! I am a relative newbie and really enjoy your blog. Am inspired by your success! You look fantastic.

Nella said...

YEAH BABY!

Kristin said...

First of all, how have I not been following you? Ridic.

You look beautiful, and that sounds like a pretty impressive workout for someone who's six weeks post-op from abdominal surgery. You're a rock star!

FYI, even now I can still feel my c-section incision any time I do ab work. It's not exactly pain, but I can tell precisely where the incision was, that's for sure. I never notice it any other time, though.

Bonnie said...

Glad things are going so well.

Catherine55 said...

That is so awesome, Angie!! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling well and that the healing is going nicely! xoxo

Amanda Kiska said...

Ahh...the resilience of youth!

Can I live vicariously through you?

Cuz you're awesome!

Let's see some pics!

headin_to_mxico said...

I second that! Pix! After the last post, I think we all wanna see that sexy bod. Its been too long ;)

Jess said...

So glad you are able to work out again! That's awesome. I think your goal of 152 is totally attainable. Go for it!

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers