I can't believe how much I carried...

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share an experience I had yesterday at the gym. I was getting ready to do my lunges along what I like to think of as my runway and my trainer Julie handed me a 20lb kettle-bell.


Just like that one, but not pretty and green. I was to hold it in one arm as I lunged, attempting to grow my ass. It was SO HARD. I felt like that weight in one my hands had the power to knock me over sideways, and I had to focus so much on my core to stay upright. I was sort of shocked - I like to consider myself pretty strong. But Julie reminded me that the kettle-bell represents about 1/8th of my current weight, and that's a pretty solid portion.

That got me to thinking about how much weight I used to carry around. 115lbs on my back, on my ankles shoulders and knees. I struggled with 20, but at one point I spent every day with 115more pounds on me than I can have now. It's pretty much inconceivable. I wanted to try to lift that much weight, but Julie told me I'd end up hurting myself.

I think of how much I work out now (1-2 hours 5days a week) for a minimum of 7 hours a week and am just so proud of myself for getting started at all when I weighed so much more then. Life everywhere, but especially in the gym is so much easier now- I leap up to grab my pull-up bar, I do push ups with my legs on a box. For people who aren't working out much yet, I couldn't recommend it more - because when your workouts are a 10/10 your food can be more like a seven, and for me, that's a worthy pay-off.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

Thanks for this blog Angie....I am heading off to the gym in about 30 minutes and I will be thinking about what you said!

You are such an inspiration....love ya!

Colls said...

It is amazing! I think about that all the time when I am at the gym. Like how sixty pounds actually feels like now! Awesome! <3

LDswims said...

What a great blog!

It is inconceivable to me that when all is said and done, I'll have lost an average 5'4" fully grown adult.

I love working out. I am lifting some pretty heavy weights this week, I wonder how that will work when I'm smaller...

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!
There was an error in this gadget

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers