Acceptance.


Today my scale was very very mean to me. Very mean. There are a number of possible reasons - I drank a bit this weekend, I ate not very well including a shit-load of diet soda which I know can bloat me. Around 5 last night I also realized I couldn't remember the last time I drank water outside of the gym and my pee was fluorescent, so I began a water torture regimen. I drank six bottles - 3 liters or 101 fluid oz of water and lemme tell you it's so clear I wonder if it really came out. So I know I'm probably not done peeing that out too... And most of all... I didn't eat enough the week before. I was going to either have to keep that behavior up or accept that I was not going to maintain. Although I would have liked to keep losing at the rate I was, because the numbers made me so happy, I also felt kind of panicked the entire time, panicked that I was out of control, panicked that I wouldn't be able to eat more when I wanted to, panicked that I was going to pass out during a workout. I don't understand this band of mine sometimes, but I accept that it's taken me on the right journey, and if I have to re-lose these four or five pounds so be it.

I mean it. I accept that this morning the scale said 173.4. This number will not last - I won't let it.

Happy Monday, everyone, here's to getting back on track!

5 comments:

RC said...

Laughing at the 'water torture!' and the flourescent comment - too funny! I'm sorry to hear the scale was mean to you but it clearly sounds like you've got it on track again. I also didn't think anyone else really felt the panic you mentioned. I know that affects me today - so its reassuring to hear it from someone else - and someone who is successful! I thought it was just me and that was part of the reason I've been such a slow loser. Makes me feel inspired that its all ok and that I can be successful too. Thank you!

Alexis said...

That water game is a bitch isn't it. It's also amazing what alcohol can do. Everytime I drink I always gain a few pounds too. But, dont worry...with the water you've been drinking and getting back on track you will be golden in no time :)

Brooke said...

Um, I am so glad I am not the only one who had a booze soaked weekend.

A friend and I got together last night, we both brought a bottle of white wine. There was no wine left by 9:30. So we drank a bottle each in a 1.5 hr time span. Great.

And now, at 11 am, I'm supposed to do an 8 KM practice run.

Great.

All this is my way of saying: I sympathize!

Nicole said...

Here's to kicking 173 in the butt!!

Gen said...

My scale was mean today too, I sympathize! It will come right back off, you have the right attitude!

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!
There was an error in this gadget

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers