First Things First... 60!!


Hi Lovelies!
So much to blog about, but today it is easy to know where to Begin...

I've lost 60 lbs since my consultation date, and just in time for my sixth month Bandiversary tomorrow! I am just so happy! I cannot believe that I am more than half-way to goal, just ten lbs away from one-derland, and have come this far in just six short months. And sixty pounds! Whoa! That's a giant catfish, according to most of my Google image searches! It's enough to make me able to shop anywhere I want. To make my body shape, with the exception of my lower tummy hanging nastiness feel pretty close to normal. To make me feel confident enough to date who I want to date. It's been beyond amazing.

It reminds me of this quote, which I actually got as a card from my mom before surgery.

If that's hard to read, the copy is

you gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... do the thing you think you cannot do.
-eleanor roosevelt


Losing this much weight, is the thing I knew I could not do. My mom and I talked about this recently - about how she always knew I'd be able to do it someday, how she could even picture me smaller. I really never could. I could not imagine staying fat forever, but I also couldn't imagine how I would ever find my way out of that hell. Staring this demon (excuse all the hell puns!) in the face has been so empowering - if I can do this, I know I can truly do anything. In fact, I don't think I would have had the courage to be going back to school next week had I not conquered this hurdle first.

Needless to say, being banded was the best decision I've ever made. It's letting the real me come out, and the real me is pretty stoked to know you all.

Love and hugs.

Ange

7 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow...congrats. You just expressed in your post how I've felt for so long (seriously teared up a bit!!!). Imagine how exciting it's going to be to get to Onederland!

jennyr1222 said...

Congrats Angie!! That is so great. You sound amazing and happy and I'm so proud for you!!

p.s. Stoked to know you too!

Linda O said...

Really wonderful post Angie. Thanks, Linda O

Tiffani said...

A serious congrats is order here missy! First on the weight loss but on going back to school :) what a HUGE deal!!!

Brooke said...

I am so happy for you! God, it is crazy to think that if you did this, you really can do anything and there's nothing holding you back-- and the best part is you know that, you feel more secure in yourself and it shows.

Congrats gorgeous lady!! I love reading your blog ;-)

Angie Cummings said...

Thanks to all of you - I wouldn't be here without ya!

The Former Fat Girl said...

Angie, this is such an inspirational post.I was banded almost a month ago and find your journey to be an amazing guide and inspiration for me !!

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers