A reminder for myself...

I'm feeling much better after decompressing a bit tonight. I picked up a salad from the pizza place, ate in bed while watching the SYTYCD finale, and just got out of a hot bath. I'm just about to go back to my book - A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg, the lovely lady behind Orangette.
But before I went laptop free, I had to do a little facebooing. There I saw a very smart quote about being patient with the questions, or obstacles in life. The quote was on my own profile... I reread it, to remind myself of how I want to see and approach life.


"...I would like to beg you dear Sir, as well as I can, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."

Rainer Maria Rilke, 1903
in Letters to a Young Poet


My goal for the next few days is not to lose X lbs, or do this exercise or drink that much water, it is just to live, live everything. To be patient with everything unresolved in my heart, and most importantly, myself.

1 comments:

THE DASH! said...

And there you have it.. wise words from both you and Rainer Maria Rilke. Nice x

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers