Shopping in my own closet...

Tonight my mom and I were going through my closet together, making sure the dress I'm wearing the night before the wedding still fit (a bit looser, but not worth taking in at this point) and then just going through a lot of my dresses. I tried on two that I had ordered from Nordstrom online last summer for a wedding I was going to in Colorado, but neither of them fit when I got them. They were both a size 18. I tried both of them on. The first one was too big! Wehoo! Like it fit alright, I suppose it was probably the correct size, but it just looked ridiculous. Too... Plus-sized if that makes any sense. Too wide a band too big a bust, etc. So that one is up for grabs. Except I really haven't sold it too well have I. If anyone wants, lemme know, I'll take a pic of it. The other one is great. I just hope I have occasion to wear it before it gets too big. It's purple and halter-necked and has sequins under the boobs and at the bottom and is such a pretty party dress - I was so sad when it didn't fit last summer, but now even I see that it really looks great. I was stoked about that, and trying to think about whether I could convince my friends to have a formal going away party for me ;).

The last one was the most exciting for me. It's a jewel-toned purple sheath dress from Banana Republic, pure silk. It came with a stretchy black belt with a gold buckle, and I bought it about 4 months ago... Cause I really wanted the belt. I figured the dress should fit eventually- like by the fall, because really, it's too dark and wintry for summer anyways. Which is too bad cause it looks awesome. I felt like I'd need to be moving to NYC instead of Stowe, because it is just so chic and classy and hot and I looove it. And it's just like... Crazy. Even though I'm still 230lbs my body is leaving behind the world of plus-size clothing in certain instances, which is insane and amazing.

It's kinda hard though too. When I go on Saks or Nordstrom or Neiman's online, there are, at best 4 or 5 pages of dresses, say, to look at. Look at straight sizing and there are hundreds! It's kinda overwhelming, even for a shopaholic like me! Well there is time yet, and there are definitely worse problems to have than too many choices!

xox
ange

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha it is overwhelming! I had to have a friend take me shopping to tell me where to shop and where to find what I needed. hahaha

Linda O said...

You are doing great Angie! 40 pounds is amazing.

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers