Such Supportive Friends...

On Friday night, I summoned up the courage to tell my friend Carrie about getting banded, and she was really cool about it. Happy for me, quite a lot of questions - but that's good, because it makes me re-examine my reasons, and all that. She had not really heard of it before, and wanted to know how it was different from Gastric Bypass and why GB was so much better known. I explained to her than GB was never an option for me or a thought in my head - for one, I don't think I'm big enough to qualify, and for two (that sounds funny) it's just WAY too extreme for me.
She's really happy for me though.

I've also told my friend Krista, who is a lovely amazing friend. We went to uni together for two years in Nova Scotia, and then since we both left Wolfville we've spent a lot of time visiting each other, and although we're far away now (she lives in Whistler, BC) we're pretty good at keeping in touch. I was actually really lame and dropped the bomb about it on facebook chat, which wasn't so cool of me, haha. She had never even heard of it, but I gave her a bunch of links to check out, and she was like I don't know what this is but if you think it's right then so do I. She was at work so had to run, but we agreed to talk on the phone soon.

Last night I babysat, and after I got the baby down I called her. We spoke for over an hour (my cell bill is gonna kill me!) She had done a bunch of research and really understood the band - she's a good researcher that one. She had a lot of questions, but just was so supportive and so excited for me... I told her the doctor said he thought I'd probably be at goal around a year to 18 months - 18 months would be losing only 1.3lbs a week, and that seems pretty darn doable, I tend to lose more when I really give a diet an effort, though we all know that's not sustainable for me at least, not without a tool like the band. She was so cute, she was like I'm so excited for a selfish reason and I was like why?! And she said because she's excited for us to be able to share clothes! She's shorter and a bit slighter structure wise than I am, but she is beautifully curvy and I'd love to have a similar body shape to hers. She asked me what my goal weight was... I said right now I'm thinking around 160... I've never really been a healthy weight as an adult, so I can't quite say what will look and feel right... I'll have to re-assess that as I get closer to goal. At 160 my BMI would be 24.7 (if I put in 5'7.5... and I'm fighting for that half inch thanks!) A BMI of 25 or higher is considered "overweight"... I'm fine with being a bit overweight, thank you, better than Obese or Severely Obese. I can't wait to just be overweight!

Anyways, writing a ton as always... 3 weeks 3 days till banding, 10 days till pre-op!!

xoxox

0 comments:

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers