Day 2

Hi Guys,

So yesterday was ridiculously easy, I didn't even sleep till 10 last night. I think the pain pump plus the OxyContin was a pretty magical combination, I felt high and happy. Well not so much today! I  woke up a couple of times overnight and called for my parents on the baby monitor we have set up to get help to go to the bathroom or have pain meds.

This morning at 9:15 we had an appointment to get my pain pump removed and it was roooough. They took off the post-surgical garment and when I saw my stomach I got DIZZY. My mom thinks it looks awesome, but all I saw was staples and bruises and lumps and AGHHHH! It totally freaked me out, and the nurse asked if I was a fainter. I said not normally, but I felt like I might. My mom said I turned so white that it made my teeth look brown, my lips had no colour, etc. Freaky!

Then she stuffed me, sausage like into my new garment, and then I needed another rest. We learned at that point that the pain pills definitely could make you feel dizzy and nauseous if not taken with enough food, and all I had had this morning was a yogurt. We got me home and I just took two extra-strength Tylenols and slept for almost four hours. I felt so much better when I woke up, I even have pink cheeks again!

I'm just having some lunch, grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. Yum! I'm in pain, but I'll survive it. Definitely much more than yesterday though.

I have to shower tomorrow and face my stomach - hopefully I don't faint! My mom will be at my side, so don't worry about me.

Thanks so much for your supportive comments!

xox
ange

18 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

That doesn't sound like much fun. I hope each day gets better from here. I'm glad you have your mom to help you.

Alexis said...

You are so amazing :)

-Grace- said...

I'm glad you have some color again! I think that would freak me out as well.

Amy W. said...

For a second, I thought you said tomorrow you were going to have to shower and shave your face. Lord...I thought is that a side effect? Just remember it is going to look really rough for a little while. It's gonna get better :)

Kristin said...

Poor Angie! The second day after surgery has always been the hardest (in my three-c-section experience). Once you get through today, each day should get easier. Hang in there!!

Jess said...

Ditto Kristin. It's all downhill from here.

Jacquie said...

Hang in there honey...the finish line is in site! Just go over to Band-Babes blog and look at her pics of when she had her surgery and how she looks today!

Catherine55 said...

Yikes!! But it will all be so worth it in the end, I am sure! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

It's going to look so good... There is some major healing... you are going to look HOT! Hang in there girl!

SuperMegaAnna said...

Once you make it through the hard stuff the rewards are going to be amazing! Glad you are hanging in there!

Anonymous said...

Bless your little heart. I give you so much credit for having the surgery. I am too afraid of the pain. Good luck!

lori said...

you are a brave girl! i am so happy for you. i know the pain will be worth the results.

Camille said...

You still sound great!

Read said...

I just found you and all I have to say is ... you go girl. Each day will be better than the last and I'm so glad you have your mom with you!

Gen said...

Feel good Angie!

Annie said...

How brave you are. Feel good!

Jess said...

(I meant downhill in a good way. Like when you're roller skating.)

I had to repost because your pic from the "I Made It" post cracks me up everytime I scroll thru my dashboard. So funny.

Jess said...

Wishing you a quick recovery!!!

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers