A Getting To Know Me post...

Hi loves! I've noticed I have a whole lot of followers now, and I'm slowly but surely reading all your blogs and catching up on your stories.  I know if anyone were to find me now, it'd be a loooooot of backreading to do, so I thought I'd follow suit like so many others and post a bit of a bio blog.  I'm kinda stealing one of those survey email things and interjecting bandster bits... well without further ado:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

A
- Age: 24
- Annoyance: not getting to finish foods I'm enjoying, snoring!
- Animal: baby giraffe. yes I'm serious. No I'm not four years old.
- Actor: I adore Ethan Hawke

B
- Beer: I like Tuborg
- Birthday/Birthplace:October 29th, 85 @ Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto
- Body Part on opposite sex: Shoulders and eyes.
- Been in Love: I have thought I was, but wonder now.
- Been bitched at: Haven't we all...
- Believe in yourself?: I try my best to. If you don't believe in yourself, why should anyone else.  The lapband process has made me believe in myself more than I ever thought I could.
- Believe in God: I do, not perhaps in the most traditional sense, but I do in a higher power.
-Before weight: 269lbs at consultation

C
- Car: 2004 Grey (though I like to call it silver) Subaru Forester
- Candy: I used to love gummies but can't get them down anymore!
- Colour: Purple
- Cried in school: yes
- Chocolate/Vanilla: Chocolate
- Chinese/Mexican: Oh both, please! Mexican if I had to choose, easier to get down
- Cake or pie: pie!
- Country to visit: Favourite so far was either France or New Zealand...

D
- Day or Night: I really like both, but probably night... Now that the sun goes down at 4:30pm I might as well embrace it!
- Danced: Ballet Jazz and Tap as a kiddo, Phusia on a daily basis now!
- Do the splits?: I wish. Not flexible enough.
- Eggs: poached. or fried egg whites. Mmm.
- Eyes: Hazel

F
- First crush: a boy I went to pre-school with... I still know him, and he's still cute!
- First thoughts waking up: I better weigh less today!
- Food: before the band: cheeseburgers and sushi rolls, now: crabcakes!

G
- Greatest Fear: having regrets, so i do whatever i can to avoid that, and i endeavour to live life to the fullest. i do not want to wake up one day and ask myself what happened to my life.
- Goals: be a good person, be happy, be healthy, and feel accomplished.
- Get along with your parents?: yes
- Good luck charm: the ring my parents gave me for high school grad... Haven't taken it off since, and it's getting so loose!

H
- Hair Colour: Light brown natural, golden-y highlights
- Height: 5'8
- Happy: yes i am
- Holiday: halloween
- Health freak?: In certain ways... I am pretty much addicted to my workouts!
- Hate: Plateaus, my work computer


I
- Ice Cream: I've got to be a good Vermonter and say Ben and Jerry's!
- Instrument: I  am SO not musical... I was awful at the recorder!

J
- Jewellery: I always wear the gold ring I mentioned... other than that, I love anything chunky, gold, or homemade!
- Job: Full time student, right now at Community College of Vermont, soon to be majoring in Hospitality Management at Champlain College, and part-time Spa Experience Coordinator at Topnotch Resort, which my family owns.

K
- Kids: one day I hope! For now I'm obsessed with my nephew Tyler and cousin Rachel's kids Violet, Jake and Sam
- Kickboxing or karate: kickboxing I suppose...
- Keep a journal? Yup, and you're reading it!

L
- Longest Car Ride: I did a couple of 18 hour rides in Australia.
- Love: Something there isn't enough of in this world.
- Laughed so hard you cried: many times.
- Love at first sight: I don't think so... Not yet at least.

M
- Milk flavour: just regular skim
- Movie: Say Anything
- Mooned anyone?: Yes. I am a bit crazy!
- Marriage: One day
- Motion sickness? Nope
- McD’s or BK: McD's

N
- Number of Siblings: 2 big brothers, one amazing S-I-L.
- Number of Piercings: just one in each ear... used to have my nose!
- Number: 8

O
- One wish: Just to be happy in life and without regrets... and to get to goal!

P
- Place you’d like to live: Vermont is pretty much living the dream...
- Perfect Pizza: my favourite is from a restaurant called Piecasso - spinach, onions, garlic, and lots of cheese on whole wheat. Mmm.
- Pepsi/Coke: Diet whatever

Q
- Questionaires: Are really helping the boring work hours pass.

R
- Reason to cry: I don't need much of a good one!
- Reality T.V.: I'm kind of addicted!
- Roll your tongue in a circle? Yep

S
- Song: I have so many... Of all time might be Wild Horses by the Stones, Say Goodbye by DMB...
- Shoe size: 8.5 or 9
- Salad Dressing: homemade honey mustard vinaigrette
- Skipped school: more often than I should
- Smoking: again, more often than I should
- Sing well?: nope, but that doesn't stop me from trying!
- Strawberries/Blueberries: both... I was OBSESSED with blueberries this summer.

T
- Time for bed: working out is so good for me, it makes me sleep so much more. Around midnight is good for me.
- Thunderstorms: beautiful, but scare me a bit.
- TV: I watch a lot less now that I'm in school and more socially active, and I consider that a good thing!

U
- Unpredictable: people, my weight, life.

V
- Vegetable you hate: olives and mushrooms
- Vegetable you love: Mm so many - green beans, avocados, tomatoes, asparagus, carrots
- Vacation spot: St. Martin was pretty amazing!

W
- Weakness: mean boys and melted cheese
- When you grow up: managing director of a resort/hotel
- Which one of your friends acts the most like you: Claudia for sure!
- Wanted to be a model?: I harboured plus-size model dreams until I realized I'm too short... and now too scarred.

X
-X-Rays: quite a few, quite a few breaks, a lot more sprains!.

Y
-Year it is now: 2009
-Yellow: mellow

Z
- Zoo: i love going!
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio


So that was long and vaguely redic! A prize to whoever read the whole thing... At least work is almost done now!

xox
angie

6 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

Ang...I know where Ethan Hawke lives!! My aunt and I walked past him once on the street, she turned around and followed him and his kids into his house. So when you come to NYC, I'll take you to visit him! xoxo

Gen said...

Fun! We all need to do one of these.

Congrats on your amazing losses so far, Angie, you are totally doing it!

seckert08 said...

I agree that we all should do a 'getting to know me" post!

THE DASH! said...

Great post, Angie. YOIKS!! The sun goes down at 4.30pm? That's nasty lol. Love all the info.. makes us feel we 'know' you just that little bit more. Lovely answers!!

Catherine55 said...

Love it, Angie!! BTW, Scorpios RULE. . I'm a Nov. 15 baby.

Cool Martha said...

WOOT!
I powered through that. Really. I think I read it in 1 minute.
Loved the shout out!

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers