Getting Started...

Hi everyone.

I've decided to start this banding blog because... Well for a lot of reasons. One of the biggest ones is I think journaling can be really therapeutic - sometimes you don't even know you're experiencing something till you've got it down on paper-errr screen. I also think that there can be a sense of accountability, not that I know if anyone will actually read this. Also, because I hope that one day... One day when I've gotten myself to a happy healthy weight, this blog can be the inspiration that helps someone on their journey in deciding to get banded. My friend Bridget's blog was such a catalyst for me - not to mention an amazing read... I only hope I can do as well as she has with being banded, and as a blogger.

I am so so excited to get banded. I'm nervous and all that, but mostly excited. I am so excited to begin a weight loss journey that I know will last - I am so excited to have such a strong tool as the lapband on my side. I know it is not a magical solution, but it is a tool that has helped so many people like me in the past. My surgery is scheduled for a little less than a month from now... Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 is going to be a very important date for me! I begin my pre-op fast/diet on Feb 18th which I'm not quite as excited about, haha, but I know it's important to shrink my liver and make my surgery super safe - and that's a good enough reason. I really hope I can resist cheating!

Anyways, I've already written a ton, but I just wanted to touch on the title of the blog. It was inspired by John Mayer's song In Repair. At the end of the song, the line "I'm in repair, I'm not together but I'm getting there..." is repeated over and over. I really really feel that line. Although I am not in the best place these days, I am on my way, I am conscious of what I am up against and I am facing them down. I'm really... proud of myself. Woah. That's big for me!

Anyways, its late and I've prob bored anyone who's even reading this to death!

Love, hearts and diamonds,

Angie

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I popped your blog cherry!!!
Can't wait to read all about your journey. It is such an exciting thing!
Lots of love,
Bridget xoxo

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers