Maintenance Life - Eating

I should preface this whole post by saying I am by no means a model bandster in the traditional follow all the rules sense.  It's 10:27 am as I write this and I just finished my breakfast. A Coke. In a glass bottle, cause I'm classy like that.

Having said that, I do feel pretty strongly that I've figured out weight management for my body which is of course nobody's body but mine.

How I eat throughout the day:

Breakfast is rarely solid food, it's just too hard for me to eat soon after waking up. I'll take a coffee from home or pick up a latte, or a hot chocolate or some form of liquid calories for breakfast. While I was trying to lose these would be purposefully healthy or protein loaded choices, for maintenance I just need some calories to get my body turned on.

My job is really busy, and I forget to eat lunch way more often than I should. This is by no means good, and I'm not going to pretend it's OK. I know better, really, and this is something I will be talking about in therapy.  How crazy is that - that my biggest eating related struggle right now is my body forgets to tell me it's hungry, and I just work away and then am hangry by the end. 

When I do take the time to eat lunch, I either eat out somewhere around work (soup or chili from Tim Horton's, sometimes junky fast food, sometimes fancy Chinese burritos that I can't afford but are the best thing ever.)  Even better though is when I bring lunch in. Lately my routine is to pick up a good sized container of tuna or chicken or salmon salad from a deli near home, a bag of pita chips, and some veggie sticks and just eat that every day for a few in a row. It doesn't bother me, and it's tasty and healthy enough that I can let myself have a Coke.

I really like regular Coke now. I should devote a whole post to that.

Dinner is the time where I eat a lot.  Like I said, by no means model, but happily maintaining.  I'd say my portions are a happy medium between lap-band portions and healthy normal person portions. So that means when I go out to a restaurant, I still never ever finish a whole meal.  But I order a whole meal, I'm OK with spending the money and enjoying fewer bites. When it comes to actual portion sizes, I'm often able to finish just under what a "recommended serving" is, for example we had fancy frozen chicken nuggets last week, the box said that one portion was six pieces, I had five and Adam had 12. Ha.

I used to be the exercise queen, and that has slacked to nearly nothing. I've been working in a "grown-up job" (my first) since September and I feel like I'm finally no longer super exhausted by it - so my goal this summer is to get right back on track.  I'll be using this space to stay accountable.

xox
ange

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! You have a really great site! I love how useful a lot of your topics are. I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

conathaarnet said...

Yet, I also may need to share information in reference to XR Nutrition Clarity. It was this transaction of super-sized

proportions. Today, that theme also caters those in need of this shot in the dark yet here are a smattering of unorthodox

ways to toss around. We require more clinical evidence. I imagine we're at loggerheads. They fortunately had a derivation in

stock and you may ought to give this stuff many thought. We need to do this, the sooner the better. Rest assured, it wasn't

so awful, was it? They were incorrect. That was a near miss. This is a subject that I never really touched on but I imagine

it's about time. I'd like to continue onward, but I'm really surprised by this viewpoint. A new set of values is emerging

from the ashes of their kind of thing.
XR Nutrition Clarity

http://www.healthmegamart.com/vera-slim/ said...

Vera Slim Finishing up reps to failure, then lessening the load 20 % to thirty p.c and continuing to failure all all over again, can assist you coax new progress out of stubborn muscles. The rest-pause method is predicated within the physiological confirmed indisputable fact that a muscle mass will often regain ninety for every cent of its Electricity in as soon as 10 to 20 seconds.
http://www.healthmegamart.com/vera-slim/

This is me now... at 160!

This is me now... at 160!
with my bestest friend!

Mini-Goals and Statistics

A Quick Reference - 111lbs down
Height: 5'8
Highest Weight; January 2009: 270
Surgery Weigh; March 4th: 255
Tummy Tuck December 15, 2010!
Current Weight: 150s
Current BMI: healthy!

Mini Goal 1: 240 - re-reached April 29th - 15lbs/9 weeks.
Mini Goal 2: 230 - reached June 12th. - 10lbs/6 weeks.
Mini Goal 3: 220 - reached July 18th. - 10lbs/5 weeks.
Mini Goal 4: 210 - reached September 2nd. 10lbs/7 weeks.
Mini Goal 5: 199 - reached October 19, 10lbs/11 weeks
Mini Goal 6: 189 - reached December 18, 10lbs/9 weeks
Mini Goal 7: 179 - reached February 23, 10lbs/9.5weeks
Mini Goal 8: 169 - reached March 26, 10lbs/4.5weeks
100 lbs down!!

Blog Archive

My Lovely Followers